Our students are our ambassadors in the community and beyond. As we prepare them for life after school, we expect them to wear their uniform with pride, on the way to school, in school and on the way home. By setting professional standards, they give themselves a great sense of belonging and are ready to take on a career where they will be expected to dress professionally. Please work with us to make sure your child has dressed appropriately before leaving for school.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank you in anticipation of your support with our school uniform policy. If you have any queries concerning our uniform expectations, please do not hesitate to contact your child’s Form Tutor.
Trousers & Skirts
- No jeans-style or skinny-style trousers (for girls or boys) are allowed. Trousers must be tailored.
- No lycra tube skirts are allowed. Skirts must be smart, tailored.
- All pupils are required to carry a suitable bag to transport their books, equipment and PE kit.
- We do not have lockers so the pupils are responsible for their possessions at all times during the school day.
- At no time must students wear baseball caps, hats or hoodies during school time on the school site.
- Make-up needs to remain discreet; if it is deemed to be excessive the student will be asked to remove it.
- No trainers or boots are allowed.
- School shoes must be plain, black, polishable, smart/formal and practical (no obvious branding).
- Hairstyles should be in keeping with a formal place of work, unnatural hair colours and patterns shaved into the hairstyle are not permitted. The shaving of lines into the eyebrow is not acceptable.
- Only one small stud type earing per ear, worn in the lower ear lobe is permitted.
- No other piercings are permitted.
- No false nails or bright coloured nail varnish is allowed.
- Nails should be of appropriate length (not exceeding finger tip).
The school holds a stock of uniform and shoes. If students attend school dressed inappropriately they will be expected to borrow items and change.
We reserve the right to either send a student home or place them in isolation until the uniform has been rectified.
Need clarification on our Uniform Policy?
Click the button on the right to view our Uniform Policy or contact our Reception team via phone 01562 741524 or email firstname.lastname@example.org who will advise you on your query.
Blazers, Jumpers & School Ties
The School Shop
Local Uniform Suppliers
M & S