Mr M CarpenterPrincipal
At Baxter College, our values are essential to creating a positive and productive learning environment. We strive to instill these values in our students through our everyday conduct, both in and out of the classroom.
- Brilliance: We believe that all students have the potential to be brilliant, and we strive to provide them with the opportunities and support they need to succeed.
- Accountability: We believe that students are responsible for their own learning, and we expect them to take ownership of their work and be accountable for their actions.
- EXcellence: We believe that students should strive for excellence in everything they do, and we encourage them to challenge themselves and never give up.
- Trust: We believe that trust is essential for a positive learning environment, and we trust our students to do their best and behave in a responsible manner.
- Engagement: We believe that students learn best when they are engaged in their learning, and we create a variety of opportunities for students to be actively involved in their education.
- Routine: We believe that routines help students feel organized and in control, and we encourage students to develop and follow routines..
These values are at the core of what makes a positive student, and we believe that they are essential for success in school and in life.
Ms K BeechHead of School
Our Shared Values
At Baxter College, our community is built on mutual respect and collective responsibility for each other, so that we all feel safe and happy in school. We believe everyone should feel known, valued and have someone to turn to when they need to, so they are supported and successful as individuals regardless of background. Learning is a continual process that is part of life and goes beyond the boundaries of the classroom; we all have the opportunity to achieve our personal best. Everyone has a voice that contributes to the democratic running of the school.
Our School Curriculum
At Baxter College, we are proud to offer a broad and balanced curriculum that provides all students with a high-quality educational experience in all subject areas, providing a foundation for the next stage of their education and a successful future. In an increasingly competitive global employment, it is important that student develop an understanding of how to learn; not just the retention of knowledge. We train our students in a learning cycle that equips them with tools to learn beyond the classroom and for the rest of their lives.
Our Supportive Culture
We provide a safe and happy environment for our students to learn in. We set high standards for uniform and behaviour. We provide excellent pastoral care through our Student Support Centre, Pastoral Leaders, and Form Tutor Teams.
The Student Support Centre provides a quiet, calm and positive environment to enable staff to work with small groups of students or on a one-to-one basis with students when required.
Events on the school calendar may be subject to change, to reflect any government changes and developments, during this time.
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Notices to Parents
Find out all you need to know about our upcoming events, important dates and informative letters.
Focus your Experience
Exploring our website is simpler than ever. Click the buttons below to gain the best browsing experience.